Territory Manager, North England
Animax are looking to recruit a Territory Manager to cover the North of England region. Operating as the lead point of contact for the Animax ruminant product range in the area, the role will be responsible for the promotion, selling and demand generation to existing and potential customers (B2B to merchant/vet trade).
Territory size: Scottish Borders in the North down to the Midlands (East to West coast inclusive).
Reports to: Commercial Director
Based at: Home – but with significant travel throughout the UK.
Responsible for managing the designated sales territory, increasing sales and generating awareness and demand for Animax products within this territory, whilst supporting and implementing the Company sales strategy.
The ideal candidate will be technically adept and knowledgeable of ruminant farming, with the ability to converse confidently and build profitable relationships with Merchants both at key account management level and with individual branches, working with their shop staff, SQP’s and farm calling Reps.
They will also be expected to devote a significant proportion of their time to building and growing profitable relationships with farmers by way of planned field account management, as well as supporting smaller farmers, developing and growing relationships with vets and relevant agricultural organisations.
• Develop, establish, and maintain customer relationships to meet sales targets set.
• Flexibility to travel extensively, providing merchant training, dual calling with field representatives with on farm support.
• The ability to promote seasonal campaigns and the product range, providing feedback from customers and farmers.
• Identify new business opportunities and have the confidence and ability to pursue them.
• Manage the growth and success of the territory with individual merchant business plans to track their performance.
• Organise and deliver customised customer meetings and coordinate applicable targeted marketing activities.
• Build and grow profitable relationships with farmers, vets and relevant agricultural organisations including, breed associations and societies, opinion formers, influential farmers, and fertility companies.
• Undertake planned and targeted farm calling to promote and generate sales through customer account management and excellent technical support.
• Generate demand and sales for the Company’s products, by building awareness, encouraging trial, encouraging range selling and working with the farmer to retain and grow their business with Animax.
• Be skilled at adapting to the specific audience; whether technical/veterinary/on farm.
• Monitor competitor activity across the territory and ensure that this is communicated regularly to the Commercial Director, so that appropriate response strategies can be actioned.
The ideal candidate
• Be able to demonstrate relevant sales and account management experience, preferably in a business-to-business environment.
• Will have good knowledge of profitable ruminant production.
• Be able to accurately and concisely present the value in Animax products; provide technical support; achieve long term customer loyalty.
• Will be highly self-motivated, personally energetic, positive and enthusiastic; with the drive and determination to succeed.
• Be able to problem solve and work productively and efficiently with attention to detail, initiative and drive.
• Be able to effectively plan, time manage and prioritise workloads ensuring that the Company work expectations are met or exceeded.
• Be able to communicate willingly and effectively with customers and staff, at all levels.
• Be a key contributor to a small dynamic sales team.
• Excellent computer skills – proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Attractive salary package.
• Company car.
• Regular training opportunities offered both internally and externally.
• Company pension scheme.
• Full product training will be given to the successful candidate.
Applicants with the experience outlined above should apply in writing with a CV to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Nigel Hemphill, Animax Ltd., Shepherds Grove Industrial Estate, Stanton, Suffolk, IP31 2AR.
Closing date for applications: 16th April 2021